We are seeking a senior QAD Specialist / Development coordinator to develop and maintain QAD applications for the production/logistic facility in Brno, CZ. Our client does contract manufacturing with a wide range of products, which provides a variety of challenges and exciting tasks for you and the QAD team, since the production has special and changing needs to support the production in the best way. You will, starting with the business requirements, develop, modify and provide support for QAD/Progress as well as your own code/applications.
The daily responsibilities will be:
- Gathers business requirements, program specifications and testing criteria
- Coordinate Development, Modifications or even Self-made changes for QAD/Progress
- Performs data migrations and mass updates
- Defines test plans, technical and support documentation
- Provide user training, program promotion transition plans and user documentation, as required
- Monitor progress and updates for program implementation
You will be part of the IT Application team with members in both DK and in CZ, and you will have close interaction with local management and staff. Travel days will occur for training purposes in DK as well as for international projects in Europe and the US.
Experienced QAD Developer:
You have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a QAD Developer or Development coordinator role and experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux. You are used to working with problem-solving and have strong program debugging skills. Personality-wise you are a self-starter with the capability to prioritize efforts and multitask in a fast-paced environment, and you contain a desire to learn and expand your programming skill sets. You also have strong interpersonal skills, as you will work close to users, colleagues and fellow developers. Finally, you have a good command of English.
There is a range of tasks and options for development. If you have some of these specific experiences, you will be able to use these competencies and develop them even further:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate their own and team tasks
- Experience with QAD ERP software, both Manufacturing & Finance Standard Edition
- Experience with Progress OpenEdge/4GL and .NET